Privacy ReminderProtect your personal information by never providing national insurance, credit card or bank account numbers to prospective employers.
Use of Web Site ContentSmartex authorises you to view and download a single copy of the material on the Web Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use.
The contents of this Web Site and of all other websites under Smartex's control whether partial or otherwise (the Web Site and such other websites are sometimes collectively referred to as "Smartex Sites") such as text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software and other Web Site content (collectively, "Web Site Content"), are protected under United Kingdom and other copyright, trademark and other laws. All Web Site Content is the property of Smartex or its content suppliers or clients. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on this Web Site is the exclusive property of Smartex and protected by copyright laws. Unauthorised use of the Web Site Content may violate copyright, trademark and other laws. You must retain all copyright, trademark, service-mark and other proprietary notices contained in the original Web Site Content on any copy you make of the Web Site Content. You may not sell or modify the Web Site Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute or otherwise use the Web Site Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose in connection with products or services that are not those of Smartex, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers, that disparages or discredits Smartex or its licensors, that dilutes the strength of Smartex's or its licensor's property, or that otherwise infringes Smartex's or its licensor's intellectual property rights. The use of the Web Site Content on any other web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited.
You shall not copy or adapt the HTML code that Smartex creates to generate any Web Site Content or the pages making up any Smartex Site. It is also protected by Smartex's copyright.
Acceptable Site UseUsers may not use the Web Site in order to display, post, transmit, distribute, store or destroy material including, without limitation, Web Site Content, (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others or (c) that is, or may in our judgement be, defamatory, offensive, vulgar, obscene, harassing, threatening, abusive or hateful, racist, sexist, discriminatory, of a menacing character or cause annoyance, inconvenience, embarrassment or anxiety to any person.
Specific Prohibited UsesSmartex Sites may be used only for lawful purposes by individuals seeking employment and career information and employers seeking employees. Smartex specifically prohibits any use of any Smartex Site, and all users agree not to use, or allow any party under their control to use, any Smartex Site, for any of the following:
Posting any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information which is not your own accurate CV (living individual seeking employment on a full-time or part-time basis on his or her own behalf).
Taking any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on any Smartex Site's infrastructure.
Aggregating, copying or duplicating in any manner any of the Web Site Content or information available from any Smartex Site.
Framing of or linking to any of the Web Site Content or information available from any Smartex Site.
User SubmissionsAs a user, you are responsible for your postings that You post on the Web Site or transmit to other Users. You agree that in submitting User Content or otherwise using the Smartex Sites that you will not impersonate any person, or submit any materials to Smartex that are false, inaccurate, misleading, unlawful or otherwise in violation of your obligations under these Terms.
The following is a partial list of User Content that is prohibited on the Smartex Sites. The list below is for illustration only and is not a complete list of all prohibited User Content.
- is copyrighted unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner to post it;
- promotes or endorses an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing or making available pirated computer programs or links to them, providing or making available information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing or making available pirated music or other media or links to pirated music or other media files;
- reveals trade secrets unless you own them or have the permission of the owner;
- infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- is obscene, offensive, vulgar, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, racist, sexist, discriminatory, of a menacing character or embarrassing, or which may cause annoyance, anxiety or inconvenience to another user or any other person or entity;
- contains or links to a sexually-explicit image or statement;
- contains or links to advertisements or solicitations of business;
- contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters", pyramid schemes or unsolicited mass mailing or spamming;
- promotes or endorses false or misleading information or illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene or defamatory;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images;
Jobseekers and recruiters need to be aware that this job board operates as a venue only and does not introduce or supply work-seekers to recruiters (or vice versa). This means that Smartex does not:
- obtain sufficient information for potential recruiters to select a suitable work-seeker for the position which the recruiter seeks to fill;
- obtain confirmation of the identity of a work-seeker or that they have the experience, training, qualifications or authorisation to work in the position to be filled or that they wish to undertake the role to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure the work-seeker and recruiter are each aware of any requirement imposed by law or otherwise which must be satisfied by either of them to permit the work-seeker to fulfil the position to be filled;
- take any steps to ensure that it would not be detrimental to the interests of the work-seeker or the recruiter for the work-seeker to fulfil the position to be fulfilled;
- give any indication to recruiters whether work-seekers are unsuitable (or suitable) for any position to be filled in any circumstances;
- propose work-seekers to recruiters or provide any information about them.
- take up any references in relation to a work-seeker; or
- make any arrangements for accommodation of work-seekers.
These could include:
Checking the identity of the work-seeker and that the work-seeker has the experience, training, qualifications and authorisation required by law or otherwise for the position and whether there are any requirements imposed by law or otherwise for you, as the recruiter, to meet to enable a work-seeker to take up a position.
In addition, where professional qualifications are required or where work-seekers are to work with vulnerable persons or children, you should obtain copies of the relevant qualifications or authorisation, obtain at least two references from people who are not relatives of the work-seeker and undertake a criminal records bureau check of the work-seeker. For more details of how to undertake a criminal records bureau check, please click here http://www.crb.gov.uk/.
Smartex's LiabilitySmartex Moves acts as a venue for candidates to post CVs and Profiles and does not screen or censor the listings, including Profiles offered. Smartex is not involved in the actual transaction between employers and candidates. As a result, Smartex has no control over User Content, the quality, safety or legality of the CVs posted, the truth or accuracy of the listings, or the ability of candidates to fill job openings.
Smartex Networking provides a venue for individuals to network for professional purposes and Smartex does not screen or censor the Profiles or User Content on Smartex.co.uk. Smartex is not involved in the actual communications between Smartex Networking Users. As a result, Smartex has no control over the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Profiles or User Content submitted on Smartex.co.uk and makes no representations about any Profile or User Content on Smartex.co.uk.
In addition, note that there are risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, of dealing with strangers, foreign nationals, under-age persons or people acting under false pretences. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other Users with whom You come in contact through Smartex Moves and/or the other Smartex Sites. By its very nature, other people's information may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabeled or deceptively labeled. We expect that You will use caution and common sense when using Smartex Moves and/or the other Smartex Sites.
Because User authentication on the Internet is difficult, Smartex cannot and does not confirm that each User is who they claim to be. Because we do not and cannot be involved in User-to-User dealings or control the behaviour of participants on any Smartex Site, in the event that You have a dispute with one or more Users, You release Smartex (and our agents and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential and direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
The Smartex Sites and the Smartex Content may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Smartex makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of any Smartex Site or the Smartex Content. The use of all Smartex Sites and the Smartex Content is at your own risk. Changes are periodically made to Smartex Sites and may be made at any time. You acknowledge and agree that You are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any CV or material contained therein placed by You on the Smartex Sites.
Smartex cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of Smartex.co.uk or any Smartex Site.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by a User from Smartex or through or from SmartexMoves.co.uk or any other Smartex Site shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
Thank you for using Smartex Moves.
Update effective 09 September, 2009